Robert Burby Announces Candidacy for Sheriff

To all Newton County residents, I am both honored and proud to announce my candidacy for Sheriff of Newton County in the 2020 election.  I am committed to taking Newton County’s public safety services to the highest level possible.  I am a retired Chief of Police (Texas City Police Department – 2004-2018) and retired from the United States Air Force in 1994, after 20 years of honorable service.  I possess over 44 years of leadership and management experience.

My proven executive law enforcement experience in leadership, professional expertise, and training makes me qualified and a prime candidate for this position.  I have successfully led many organizations and police departments.  As a result, I have earned many leadership and service awards for my performance.  I am a staunch believer in Public Service and a huge advocate for Community Involvement and I am asking for your vote in the 2020 Newton County Sheriff’s Election.

If you have any questions, please contact Laveda Raymond – Campaign Manager/Treasurer at 409-383-9318.

For more of this story, please pick up a copy of this weeks “NEWS”.

9 Comments

1. Earlene on November 6, 2019 at 5:04 am

Wow

2. Chelsey Fomby on November 6, 2019 at 11:21 am

Is Mr. Burby a resident of Newton County? I have never seen him, or met him. I have asked around and no one that I have asked has ever seen him, or heard of him either.

• Carzetta Powell on November 11, 2019 at 12:48 pm

Thanks for Sharing!
      Mr. Robert Burby was born in DeRidder, La. He is ex-military and has over 16 years of Sherriff experience. Fourteen in Texas City, Tx and 2 in Alabama. He has his Masters in CriminalJustice. He is a Christian and has family values. He has been married for over 30 yrs. He will be at Liberty Community Homecoming Sun. Nov. 9th. @ Liberty Baptist Church There will also be. Campaign Meet and Greet Nov. 16, 2019 at Howard Civic Center from 10-2! Come out and meet them.

3. Billy Sanders on November 7, 2019 at 7:00 pm

Where is your residence and how long have you lived there

4. Jeff Sanderson on November 18, 2019 at 10:11 am

One of my main concerns with any changing of the guard is the Candidate’s stances on the basic laws of the land, namely The Constitution and her amendments or any proposed amendments which would reduce or eliminate the people of Newton County’s god given and most basic of rights. What is your stance on red flag gun confiscation or the proposal by democrats early on in the democratic national primary to forcefully disarm law abiding citizens?

• Editor on November 18, 2019 at 11:22 am

Please attend the Meet and Greet held this coming Saturday at the Civic Center. It will give you an opportunity to ask those important questions. Saturday, November 16 from 10-2 p.m.

5. Joe Dickerson on December 27, 2019 at 12:37 pm

I don’t see any campaign posters around. Are you still running?

6. Richard A. Sedgwick on February 10, 2020 at 1:08 am

I’ve had the opportunity to work for Chief Robert Burby
    For 10 yrs in Texas City. I know his wife they are both retired military pro police. Both believe being involved in the community. He is fair to his employees and strongly supports the community he is in. I will say this if elected
    He will bring a vast of experience and knowledge to the community.
    Regards,