Skip to content

Catholic Charities Offering Help to Newton County Residents in Need

Good news for Newton County residents in need.  The Catholic Charities of Southeast Texas has received a large grant and is looking for those in Newton County that may need assistance. They are offering help paying rent and utilities during the COVID-19 pandemic.  To find out if you qualify, please call 409-924-4426 and answer a few short questions.  Please call, they look forward to hearing from you.  As funding allows, their Disaster Response Program provides financial assistance for people in temporary financial hardship around the region.

7 Comments

1. Gerry lee stouffer on January 19, 2021 at 7:48 pm

I need help with home repair really bad and a septic for my home it was bought with harvey money and needed to be done I didn’t know what I was getting into and didn’t prepare for so much more needing to be done I really could use the help I’ve been living in the home for over a year with no water septic or power please help 4096229166

• Editor on January 21, 2021 at 2:06 pm

Mr. Stouffer, The number to call is please call 409-924-4426 and answer a few short questions.
      NCN

2. DeMarriya Tims on January 31, 2021 at 9:20 am

Needing assistance..

• Editor on February 1, 2021 at 10:26 am

Sorry, we don’t offer the assistance. You need to call 409-379-2019 and ask for Kristi Davis.
      Thanks so much,
      NCN

3. Dianne VanHuss on February 2, 2021 at 10:31 am

I was in hurricane Harvey and I have a house that was built for me. I need a furniture voucher as all the furniture was ruined by the flooding in hurricane Harvey. Can I get help in Newton county.

• Editor on February 2, 2021 at 11:11 am

Please call 409-924-4426 for more information.
      Thanks,
      NCN

• Editor on February 22, 2021 at 10:06 am

The number to call is 409-379-2019. That is the office of Traylor & Associates, Ask for Kristi Davis.
      NCN